We thank the Kavli Institute for Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology at Stanford University, and the Kavli Institute for Cosmology at Cambridge University for their generous support to make this workshop possible.
Scientific Organizing Committee
- Anthony Challinor - KICC/University of Cambridge
- Gil Holder - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Blake Sherwin - Berkeley
- Kyle Story - KIPAC/Stanford
- Alex van Engelen - CITA
Meeting location: Physics and Astrophysics Building (PAB), Room 102/103. Stanford Campus
See "Talks" section below for links to slides from these talks.
Zoom Conference Call information:
Time: Sep 13, 2017 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (US and Canada)
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://stanford.zoom.us/j/308760146
- Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +18333021536,,308760146# or +16507249799,,308760146#
- Or Telephone: Dial: +1 650 724 9799 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll) or +1 833 302 1536 (US, Canada, Caribbean Toll Free)
- International numbers available: https://stanford.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=U_Yote5i2Q5OgVlOkFlxBG-fA6cjRQlZ
Meeting ID: 308 760 146
Click on links below for talk slides.
Workshop Notes:Notes from the workshop can be found here.
Wednesday, September 13
- Measurements: Planck
- Measurements: ACT/BICEP/PB/SPT
- Future Expts
- Instrument systematics
- Galactic foregrounds
- CMB Lensing and Cosmology Parameters
Thursday, September 14
- Theory - higher order
- Theory - new estimators
- Simulations - higher order
- Extragalactic foregrounds
Friday, September 15
Reading Material:Below is a list of papers with background material on each subject. Participants new to this material can focus on the three papers in brown text.
- SLAC Visitor Map (PDF)
- Meeting location: Physics and Astrophysics Building (PAB), Room 102/103. Stanford Campus (Google Map)
- Housing: Participants are responsible for their own accomodations. We recommend choosing a hotel from the following list, or considering Airbnb. Many of these hotels offer discounts for Stanford events, so be sure to ask. (Hotel Suggestions | Airbnb)
- Housing Message Board: People looking to share accomodations rooms can use this message board (click here)
Getting thereThe nearest airports are San Francisco International Airport (SFO) or Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC). From the airport, transportation options include:
- SuperShuttle: provides shared ride vans to/from SFO only (unavailable from SJC), which costs $26 (+tip) one way. Ride length varies but is typically an hour.
- Wingz: provides flat-rate private taxis to/from SFO and SJC.
- Public transportation: not recommended due to multiple transfers and limited schedules. If necessary and possible, you may wish to check Google Maps for directions from San Francisco Airport or from San Jose Airport.
- More ground transportation from SFO
- More ground transportation from SJC
ParkingIf you are driving to the workshop, please email Kyle Story. We have obtained a limited number of "conference" parking permits to park on campus.
- Searsville Lot (L22): Park in the Searsville Lot (L22), see Google maps link for directions. The "scratcher" parking passes are valid for type "E" parking spots. The walk from the parking lot to the conference room take 10-15 minutes (walking directions).
- Additional Information: can be found at the Stanford Parking Information website.
[photo credit: Kyle Story / Mark Story]